What to do with trees
In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, trees are very important and useful to you. In this guide about trees, we'll explain how to take advantage of them.
The trees in Animal Crossing: New Horizons hide many resources and surprises! That's why it's important to shake them all every day, especially if you've just started Animal Crossing. Trees are one of the game's most important resources.
Before you start shaking all the trees, make sure you're well equipped with a net to avoid mishaps like getting stung by wasps, for example!
First of all, here's what you can find with the trees:
- Tree Branch
- Hard Wood
- Soft Wood
- Furniture (in the form of a leaf)
- 100 Bells
- Wasp Nest
- Bonus: Bell tree
* Tip: You can also plant bell trees! Read on to find out how.
Fruit trees bear 3 fruits when ripe. When you pick the fruit, the tree produces fruit every 3 days. To produce a fruit tree, players must bury the fruit of their choice. There's no need to water it, since trees don't need water to grow. In Animal Crossing: New Horizons, there are 6 varieties of fruit, including apples, oranges, cherries, pears, peaches and coconuts.
* Fruit can also be used to improve the player's ability to destroy rocks and lift trees, for example. Simply eat the fruit to acquire this superhuman strength.
Tree branches are one of the most important resources in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, especially at the start of the game, since the player simply needs to shake the trees until a branch falls. Tree branches can be used to make a number of basic tools: net, fishing rod, basic axe and more.
* It's important to note that there doesn't seem to be a limited number of branches for each tree. If no branches fall after several attempts, change trees.
Wood / Hardwood / Softwood
To find these 3 types of wood: wood, hardwood and softwood, simply use a Flimsy axe, a Stone axe or an axe and strike the tree with it. These woods will enable you to make tools that are a little more robust than the basic ones, as well as furniture, wallpaper and flooring.
* It's important to know that hitting a tree with an AXE will destroy the tree, unlike the Flimsy axe or the Stone axe.
Shaking trees can be interesting, as a piece of furniture can fall from a tree! In the form of a leaf, the piece of furniture will gently fall in front of you as you randomly shake the trees.
* Every day, 2 pieces of leaf-shaped furniture appear randomly in all the trees in the village.
Shaking the trees can also be profitable, as random trees can drop a bag of 100 bells.
Shaking the trees can cause random insects to appear, including spider, wasp and bagworm.
* As mentioned above, it's important to be equipped with a net when shaking trees to avoid a wasp sting!
Every day, 5 wasp nests appear randomly in all the trees in the village. It's important to be equipped with a net to avoid a wasp sting. It happens very quickly, so there's no time to lose. You can also use the wasp nest to make a Medicine.
* If you haven't yet received the recipe for the Medicine, go and talk to a villager after you've been stung. If they see your face, they will definitely help! For more Medicine tips, go to the page: How to make Medicine in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Tip: If you drop a wasp nest and don't have a net, don't panic! Press X as quickly as possible to open your inventory and take out your net. You also need to be very quick to get into position and press A to catch the wasp. We can't guarantee that this trick will work every time.
Every day, look for a sparkling spot on the ground and use your shovel to dig up a bag of 1000 bells. To get a bell tree, simply replant the bag of bells right away. If you close the hole without any bells, nothing will happen and it will no longer be possible to plant bells as the soil will no longer be sparkling, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow.
* It's important to note that bags of bells can only be harvested once, when the tree has reached its maximum size. After harvesting, the tree will return to normal. What's more, the number of bells that grow on the tree depends on the number of bells buried. We recommend burying around 10,000 bells, since there's a much better chance of getting 30,000 bells per bell tree planted.